-
Xcon 一起来学『老友记』7
Just for Fun
片段讲解秀
from:《蒙娜丽莎的微笑》
有些朋友虽然已经逐渐疏远了,但是在你心中永远有他的位置。莫妮卡和瑞秋就是这样吧。☺GT
-Monica: So you wanna tell us now, or are we waiting for wet bridesmaids?
wanna= want to bridesmaids: 伴娘
你想现在告诉我们,还是等伴娘来再说?
-Rachel: Oh God... well, it started about a half hour before the wedding.
wedding: 婚礼
婚礼前半个小时发生了变数。
I was in the room where we were keeping all the presents,
presents: 礼物
我在堆放礼物的房间里,
and I was looking at this gravy boat.
看着船形卤肉盘,
This really gorgeous Lamauge gravy boat.
非常漂亮的船形卤肉盘,
When all of a sudden
突然间….
(to the waitress that brought her coffee)
waitress: 女服务员
-Rachel: Sweet 'n' Low?
低糖吗?
I realized that I was more turned on by this gravy boat than by Barry!
turn on: 有兴趣 turn off: 没兴趣
我了解船形卤肉盘此Barry更能引起我的“性趣”
And then I got really freaked out,
freak out: 吓坏了【这个词是在口语中使用频率相当高】
我自己都吓了一跳,
and that's when it hit me: how much Barry looks like Mr. Potato Head.
Barry愈看愈像猪头先生。
You know, I mean, I always knew looked familiar,
familiar: 熟悉
我一直都认为他很眼熟。
but... Anyway, I just had to get out of there,
anyway: 不管怎样
总之,我必须离开。
and I started wondering 'Why am I doing this, and who am I doing this for?'.
wonder: 想
我开始想,我为何这么做?我为谁这样做?
(to Monica) So anyway I just didn't know where to go,
于是我不知该走往何处,
and I know that you and I have kinda drifted apart,
kinda=kind of: 有点 drift: 漂移 apart: 分开的
我知道你我日渐疏远。
but you're the only person I knew who lived here in the city.
但是你是我在这个城市,认识的唯一一个人。
-Monica: Who wasn't invited to the wedding.
invite: 邀请
好像我也是唯一没被邀参加婚礼的人。
-Rachel: Ooh, I was kinda hoping that wouldn't be an issue...
issue: 争论
这件事就甭提啦。