-
Xcon 一起来学『老友记』19
Just for Fun
片段讲解秀
from:《蒙娜丽莎的微笑》
这一期节目是,乔衣谈到自己的工作,被钱德勒调侃了一翻。可能很多人一开始的工作都显得微不足道,这不重要,有梦想就要一直走下去。(在这里还要澄清一下,我之前的节目可能会胡乱的吐槽一下,可不要对号入座啊。)GT
-Chandler: All right, kids, I gotta get to work. If I don't input those numbers,... it doesn't make much of a difference...
input: 输入
好的,孩子们,我该去工作了。不过我不把那些数字输入….也不会有什么区别
-Rachel: So, like, you guys all have jobs?
你们都有工作吗?
-Monica: Yeah, we all have jobs. See, that's how we buy stuff.
对,我们都有…这样我们才有钱买东西。
-Joey: Yeah, I'm an actor.
对,我是演员
-Rachel: Wow! Would I have seen you in anything?
哇!我有见过你的作品吗?
-Joey: I doubt it. Mostly regional work.
doubt: 怀疑 mostly: 大多数 regional: 地区的
我不认为,大部分是地方性节目。
-Monica: Oh wait, wait, unless you happened to catch the Reruns' production of Pinocchio, at the little theater in the park.
happen to: 发生(碰巧,正巧,偶然) production: 作品 Pinocchio: 木偶奇遇记 theater: 戏院,电影院
等等,除非你在公园小剧场,看过重排的木偶奇遇记。
-Joey: Look, it was a job all right?
那还是份工作吧?
-Chandler: 'Look, Gippetto, I'm a real live boy.'
‘瞧,Gippetto, 我是个真正的小男孩’
-Joey: I will not take this abuse. (Walks to the door and opens it to leave.)
abuse: 侮辱
别这样羞辱我
-Chandler: You're right, I'm sorry. (Burst into song and dances out of the door.) "Once I was a wooden boy, a little wooden boy..."
burst into: 闯入,突然发作 wooden: 木制的
你是对的。对不起。“当我还是个小木头人,小木头人…”
-Joey: You should both know, that he's a dead man. Oh, Chandler? (Starts after Chandler.)
你们该知道,他快死了。噢,Chandler?